Redeeming my Submissiveness

Maybe God talked about money so many times in the Bible because we tend to put our security in money.
Maybe God commanded the husbands to love their wives because they tend to forget to show they love their wives.
And maybe God told the wives to submit to their husbands because wives tend to do otherwise!

Early in our marriage, submission was a household name. It was never an issue. One of the things I’ve always been thankful for is my husband’s leadership. Since he was a good leader, submission came in naturally. Then two years into the marriage, I suddenly found myself negating his ideas most of the time even before he would finish explaining. I started questioning his leadership. I knew I was not pleasing Him and him.

God then came into the rescue.

On one of our morning devotions, I’ve read these exact words.

I froze. I was definitely not doing than.

And then the other day while blog hopping, I came across a post on praising your husband.

Adequate Nourishment for his Ego by Elizabeth of Warrior Wives

God must really be telling me something! I just closed my eyes and thanked God for the warning signals. I’ve seen many MANY marriages fall apart because of that simple (yet complicated) command from God.

Submit to your husbands.

Today, I can’t really say that I’m able to submit 100% but I am definitely more conscious now of the words I use when I communicate with him. I try my best to understand his point than stress that he’s got it all wrong. I make sure I praise him and highlight the good rather than the bad.

Are you submissive enough to respect your husband’s decision?

***

I really appreciate your feedback! Feel free to leave your comments. =) You may follow me on Twitter. Or subscribe by entering your email address on the right. You may also click “Follow my blog” =) And… ‘Like’ my fanpage. See you again!

Visit my other blog: www.theblogforbrides.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This entry was posted in Marriage and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 comments on “Redeeming my Submissiveness

1. cocomino on said:

“Understand” is very important, as you say. I agree with you.
    Understand is similar to hearing what other people say carefully. :)

• Viviene on said:

I always miss that. Now, I’m practicing to listen and understand more. =) I think it’s mostly successful! =)

2. Elizabeth@Warrior Wives on said:

Hey, thanks for linking to me! I tried to respond to your comment the other day but when I went looking, I couldn’t find it! I’m glad the post was so helpful to you. I’ll be checking out your blog now too!

• Viviene on said:

Oh, I wonder what happened to the comment. Anyway, your blog is really a blessing! I’m glad to have stumbled upon it =) I’m always on the look out for wife blogs… Yours is wonderful!

3. Blond Duck on said:

I think a lot of women nowadays don’t respect their husbands…it’s sad.

• Viviene on said:

It really is sad. It’s not that easy to do but it’s worth it to follow God’s command to respect our husbands.

4. ristinw on said:

Understanding each other is very important to a relationship to grow stronger and stronger. But, sometimes it is very difficult to understand your love one when his point isn’t that right…= – = that’s the tough part in relationship, I guess.

• Viviene on said:

That’s true. It’s not always easy but God will bless our hearts as long as we follow His command. I believe it is for our good.

5. Emily on said:

I agree, submission is hard! Sometimes being right seems so much more important than respecting our husbands and showing them love the way they need to be loved!

6. Felicia on said:

Very, very interesting post. I am one of those woman that don’t really like the word submission, but what I do is submit to God which allows me to therefore respect my husband. His point is not always right, and neither is mine, but that’s the beauty of our relationship. We know when to submit unto each other.

I believe the bible says for men are to LOVE there wives because we women need love, we are fuzzy warm creatures (some of us) and women are to respect their husbands because that’s how they interpret love. Showing them respect is showing them we love them in their “language” cause I believe we speak two different languages, lol. Anyway, I’m gone, this can probably be a post which I will probably write on my blog and link back to here.

Love the blog!!

7. Viviene on said:

Thanks Felicia for dropping by.. You’re right, men and women do speak different languages. Good thing the Bible gives us a guide on how we can show love to each other =D

8. Pingback: I’m on SITS! | the Journey of a Woman

9. This is something that I struggle with. I am so stubborn, sometimes even when I realize I’m wrong, I have a hard time backing down and admitting it. I am getting better about it. I have noticed that the better I get about being submissive, the better Hubby gets about listening and understanding me as well. God works in wonderful ways :)