Long Distance Relationship

Today is quite exciting because I will be joining The Alabaster Jar’s weekly link up for the first time! It’s called “Marital Oneness Mondays.” Want to join us?

The Alabaster Jar

As I have mentioned on Facebook, I am geographically separated from Hubby for about 3 weeks, him in Singapore and me in the Philippines. This is the first time we’ve been separated this long. Oh boy, I can’t even imagine how couples are able to survive being away from each other for a long time.

Thank you, Skype. I wonder how we would communicate without you!

For the past week, it had been quite sad and sometimes difficult but by God’s grace, it was a week of learning for me too.

I have learned that…

Long distance relationship is hard work. I don’t mean it’s impossible. I just mean it’s hard. I get irritated easily when he does not respond to my messages as fast as I expected him to. I get frustrated when he does not give me his full attention when we chat. I feel that our relationship was more prone to miscommunication and petty quarrels. And again, by God’s grace, He is teaching me to be more patient and to be more understanding.

I also miss our long walks at night when we get to talk about many things about our daily lives, past experiences and even things about the future. I realized how important it really is to spend quality time with your spouse on a daily basis, not just weekly dates.

But then again, there’s always something to thank God for. Although, I miss him so much, now that he is away, I have more time to catch up with my family and friends. It’s a great chance to bond with my girlfriends without feeling guilty. I’m embracing this time and thanking God because I get to have time for myself too.

Have you ever been away from your husband for a long time?

***

I really appreciate your feedback! Feel free to leave your comments. =) You may follow me on Twitter. Or subscribe by entering your email address on the right. You may also click “Follow my blog” =) And… ‘Like’ my fanpage. See you again!

Visit my other blog: www.theblogforbrides.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This entry was posted in Marriage, Personal Life and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Long Distance Relationship

1. mitch says:

Yes, 2 years before we got married and 5 months after our wedding. It’s hard and sad, but just pack the relationship up with lots of prayers and trust.

2. Viviene says:

Right right.. Wow, tagal nun ah..

3. ristinw says:

God will be at both side when two souls are separated (temporally) physically. We gotta trust what God prepare for this :D

4. Viviene says:

Exactly! Trust in God is all we need =) Thanks for that..

5. Hazel Moon says:

Thank you for your comments and that you are learning patience. Most of us don’t like to WAIT – because we want it NOW. You are invited to share your true stories at “Tell me a Story,” my new Blog Party: http://letmetelluastory.blogspot.com/

6. Rach says:

Oh wow, we’ve never been apart more than a few days. I can’t imagine how difficult it has been for you guys! Glad you have Skype, though!

7. Viviene says:

Thanks Hazel, I would love to take part in that! Will visit the link you sent =)

Hi Rach =D It has been really difficult =( But I’m glad my family is here to cheer me up…

8. Blond Duck says:

Ben and I had to do long distance when we were dating…I hated every minute of it!

9. Viviene says:

Argh.. so sad right?

10. Hazel Moon says:

You are so kind. I welcome your stories at “Tell Me a Story Blog Hop.”

11. Viviene says:

You’re welcome.. Will surely join you sometime! =D

12. Emily says:

Since we’ve been married, the longest Brian and I have been apart was probably a week at the most. But when we were dating, I went on a mission’s trip for an entire summer. That was really hard, but it was also really good for our relationship! I hope that this time apart strengthens your marriage by giving you the opportunity to hone your communication skills, as difficult as being apart is!

13. Viviene says:

That’s right.. and I realized I definitely have to be more understanding! It’s really harder to communicate when you’re apart.. Nothing beats face to face communication with your spouse (or with anyone) =)